Tuesday 5 August 2014

a piece of my heart

a few weeks before going to Berlin for 방탄소년단's fanmeet "RWeL8?", Miranda, who we were meeting up with down there, found out there was gonna be gift boxes for the boys, so in the last few weeks I scrambled to get everything I wanted ready.
my life pretty much revolved around choosing and buying stuff, writing letters, getting them translated to Korean (bless Sophia forever), handwriting everything, and wrapping all the gifts and letter boxes.



the letters turned into a huge project, and I even got Miranda to send me stationary from Scotland cos this stupid country stopped writing letters so there were no stationary anywhere?! I could find lots of cards, but I knew I wanted to say more than what could be crammed in a card.

obviously I just wrote 95% in English, but by chance I saw Sophia posted an ad about translating to Korean for a small fee. she's translated a ton for Infinite fandom a while back, and she's Korean-American or whatever it's called so I know she knows the language for real.
anyway, point being, I trust her translation one hundred percent, and when she agreed to take on my request AFTER having seen how much it was, I couldn't be happier!
the thought that they would actually be able to read what I wanted to tell them, just made me more excited than I know how to express ㅠㅠ

it was less than a week before we left so I was slightly worried about the time cos she has school and a life and whatnot, but when I woke up the next day she had already done it all?! I paid her an extra $10.

I practiced my Korean hand-writing like a mad woman, but in the end I think it paid off cos I didn't typo nearly as much as I thought I would, even though it was still enough to make me extremely frustrated at times!
for Hoseok's I used 5 sheets of paper just on the first line..

in the end I just managed to get everything together - and to fit in my suitcase, barely!

if you'd like to read about my weekend in Berlin, I made a post about it here.


I actually did plan on getting something for my top 3, aka maknae line cos I love all of them an obscene amount, but I got sorta carried away with Jeongkook's stuff, so the poor hyungs had to settle for my love and some candy.

now, I have absolutely no fashion sense what so ever. I couldn't care less, so why I thought it would be a good idea to get that kind of stuff for him is beyond me.
I do think I ended up getting some nice things, but if they're really "him"... /shrugs
I asked Miranda, who apparently know their fashion well enough to get them to actually wear what she buys them, and she liked, but maybe she was just being nice..


this is what I got for Jeongkook:









this was literally the only box I could find that was big enough to not squish the snapback 




and his letter:


전정꾸기 ♥ 방탄소년단의 황금막내 ♥

꾸기얌 잘지내죠?
not long ago was 방탄's 1st anniversary, and to celebrate 누나 wrote you this letter.

[picture of my letter]

but...누나 is a 바보 ㅠㅠ I forgot to sign the letter 미안해 ㅠㅠㅠ

I also wrote you this message for Kookparazzi's anniversary and explained.

[picture of my message]

and unfortunately the letter was in English because I didn't have anyone to help me translate, but this time a sweet friend is helping me! ^^
so since I got this rare opportunity to write you again, I want to let you know what is in my heart.
this is what I wrote in my letter:
----------
정국아~♥
잘지내죠?? ^^
방탄소년단 일년 데뷔 추카추카!!!

I can't believe it's been a year already..! I have followed 방탄소년단 since debut, and my heart has swelled with love and pride time and time again over how far you all have come! you have gained so much respect and recognition, and I couldn't be prouder. your music really changed my life. it broadened my horizon and made me live hip hop 방탄~^^

all of 방탄소년단 are such talented boys. you are all extremely dedicated to yur work and always shows a very hard-working side. at the same time it's a pleasure to see you enjoying yourselves this much.
you play hard, too. there's always lots of laughter, but you are always polite, bright, and humble boys who take nothing for granted, which in return humbles me.

but while I do love all of 방탄소년단, truly nothing compares to you ♥ 1♥♥4 전정국 ♥
you are so beautiful my heart hurts just by looking at you ㅠㅠㅠㅠ you're cute, funny, silly, and I love how you can act your age, yet still show such care and consideration towards others. I love all sides of you.
regardless of your age, your abilities are astounding. so sexy when you dance, I lose my mind >.< your voice touches my heart and the sincerity and intensity you show heartfelt when you sing can always bring tears. everything about you is truly breathtaking, and the more I get to know about you, the more my jaw drops. I'm always asking myself "is there nothing he can't do?!" 역시 황금막내 ♥

but what I think I love most about you, is that no matter how talented and confident and loved you are, you are never big-headed about it, you never let it change who you are.
always humble and grateful, always thankful and appreciative. it's truly admirable. 내 상남자~♥ I know you will go on to do big things with your life 전정국 ♥

행복하다 정국이? I know there are tough days and desires that doesn't sync up with idol life, but I really hope you're happy. 방탄 life is fortunate in many ways, but it's also full of restrictions and lack of personal freedom and I hope you only stay as long as these personal sacrifices seem reasonable to you.
there is never shame in following your heart and respecting your limits, and when you leave the limelight one day I will cry and miss you, but I want you to be happy more than anything else. that is all that matters to me.
remember, it's about the process, not the result, and giving your best is always good enough! ♥ 

you will always shine, 정국이, you will always be special, and like I said, I know you'll do great things, be it as part of 방탄 or later. 황금막내 will always shine! ♥ 반짝반짝빛나는 황금 꾹이얌~♥

방탄소년단 정국이 항상 응웡할게! 앞으로도 화이팅!!! ^^
방탄소년단 사!랑!해!
정국이 너~~~무 사랑해 ♥ 영원히..ㅠㅠㅠ

행복한 하루 보내~^^
-------------------
I know there are mistakes, but hopefully you get the meaning.

I have so much respect for your passion and drive.
thank you for being a 전정꾸기 who always gives his all and works so hard.
thank you for being a 전정꾸기 who loves and appreciates his fans.
thank you for sharing your beautiful voice with the world.

right now you're in LA. are you having fun?? ^^ ..are you working too hard? are you resting? eating? I know you're working hard on the new album so you can show us some good music and the best performances, but I hope you still take care of yourselves. 누나 worries about that sometimes... ㅠㅠ

and I know you must be really excited about coming to Europe, too! honestly, it's not common for groups to come here when they are only 1 year old, so I am very grateful.
thank you for coming to Europe and fulfilling my dream of seeing some of the people I love and respect most in the world, in person.

I hope you'll always keep your fighting passion and keep making your dreams come true, both with 방탄 and music, and in life and love. 
you deserve happiness, 전정꾸기, and I wish you nothing but the best ♥

항상 고마웡 ♥
항상 수고해써 ♥ 
영원히 사랑해 꾸기얌 ♥
방탄소년단 정~말 사.랑.해.♥
앞으로도 화이팅!!

let's meet again soon~! 
행복한 하루  되세용~! ♥

from Denmark with all my love! ♥ 

~ 김재미 / @mhn7700

ps. happy birthday!! ^^ ♥ 
I know it's not yet, but I wanted to say it to you personally. 
I hope you like the gifts I got you (부끄) ♥





so for everyone else I made candy boxes and letters. obviously the letters were the whole point, the candy was just cos who doesn't like candy??
and no, I wasn't trying to just fill pages by writing the same stuff to some, but of course there'll be feels that apply to more than one.

Taehyung's letter:


김태형 ♥

태형아 잘지내죠? 

when 누나 was thinking about what to write in your letter, it took me a really long time to think of what I love about 태형아. in the end I could only come up with one thing... everything.
the way your deep voice makes my heart go 두근두근. and your satoori!
the way you can go from cute to sexy in the blink of an eye. 
the endless expressions you make with your face. ah, that beautiful face of yours ㅠㅠ I love it so much ♥

the way you completely wear your heart on your sleeve, yet at the same time you can have the most blank, unreadable face. it makes me curious and leaves me wanting to know more about mysterious 김태형 ㅎㅎ

흠... I know you're aware of people calling you weird and 4D, and I honestly hope you don't feel bad about it. to me, the innocent and pure ways are just what makes 누나  love 김태형 so very much ♥ 
there is nothing wrong with being your own person. people have different charms, and it would be boring if everyone was the same.
besides, it's the unique ones that catch my attention and stay in my heart. I truly hope you'll never change or lose those sides that are so 김태형.
I also think that being an idol, being able to go into your own world at times is not such a bad thing when you need some peace and quiet.

I love that you can always make me laugh.
I love your ears.
 I just really love your personality. I feel like you're a really sincere person who couldn't hurt a fly.
I love how much you love your members.
I love how much you love 정꾸기 ♥
I love how much you love and appreciate ARMYs, and at the same time I also love how you never seem fake just to please us with a pose or a smile.

but when you do smile, 태형아, it is the best sight in the world ♥ my heart explodes each and every time ㅠㅠ it's like seeing pure joy, and seeing you happy makes 누나 happy ㅠㅠ ♥
I hope you'll never lose that smile.

and I hope you'll always keep that drive you have so you can make all your dreams come true, both with 방탄 and music, and in life and love. you deserve it.
I'm really proud of you, 태형아 ♥

and grateful. thank you for coming to Europe and fulfilling my dream of seeing some of the people I love and respect most in the world, in person.

I wish you all the best in life! ♥

항상 고마웡 ♥
항상 수고해써 ♥ 
영원히 사랑해 태형아 ♥
방탄소년단 정~말 사.랑.해.♥
앞으로도 화이팅!!

let's meet again soon~! 
행복한 하루  되세용~! ♥

from Denmark with all my love! ♥ 

~ 김재미 / @mhn7700


Taehyung got the last of my cute stationary I bought in Busan ^^

Seokjin's letter:


김석진♥

thank you for being a good, caring, loving hyung.
thank you for making 누나 laugh.
thank you for being a 김석진 who always tries his best and shows a hard-woking side.
thank you for not giving up when you had doubts.
thank you for making beautiful music. right now you're in LA, and I am sure you're all working hard on the new album. 기대기대~^^

thank you for coming to Europe and fulfilling my dream of seeing 방탄소년단 in person.
I wish you all the best! ♥
let's meet again soon~! 
수고해써 석진아♥
방탄소년단 정~말 사.랑.해.♥
앞으로도 화이팅!!
행복한 하루  되세용~! ♥

from Denmark with all my love! ♥ 

~ 김재미 / @mhn7700


Seokjin

yellow card's letter:


박지민 ♥

지미니 잘지내죠?
honestly, when 누나 first became a fan of 방탄소년단 I never thought I would come to love 박지민 as much as I do.

I did notice you right from the start, not so much because of your abs, but..arms...헐... and your dancing. oh, how I love your dancing. it's like watching art to see the energy and precision you put into your body when you're on stage. I can watch it over and over again ♥

but 누나 is not an aegyo girl >.< so I looked more at other members, but..suddenly I discovered I was looking at 지미니??? and from that day on I couldn't stop looking.
so cute that even though my hands are sometimes curling, my heart is still melting.
thank you for loving ARMYs so much. for all the smiles and poses and hearts. for all the tweets and all the selcas. indeed 방탄의 charm boy ♥ 우리 옐로우카드 ♥

and then the next minute..ㅅ..섹...시..... the look in your eyes, your confidence. 누나 죽게따 진짜! 왜게 섹시해ㅠㅠ.... 
and at the same time 박지민 is so much more than looks.

I always saw you as someone with a big heart, who always have love and compassion for his members. remember on 심심타파? when 정꾸기 said that the hyung who helps and comforts him the most when he's having a hard time, is 지미니? it made my heart flutter.
it makes 누나 so proud of you. you're a good person, 박지민. thank you for loving 정꾸기 so much ♥

you have the most beautiful voice. I really love it, it's full of so much sweetness, just like you. I hope you will have lots of lines in the future.

..sometimes I feel like you doubt yourself a lot, but you really don't have to. you are such a hard-working 지미니, and you should trust in that. people love you for giving your all, and for you just being you, remember that. you're passionate and talented, and you have grown so much over the past year alone. you should be really proud of yourself ♥ 

right now you're in LA. are you having fun?? ^^ ..are you working too hard? are you resting? eating? I know you're working hard on the new album so you can show us some good music and the best performances, but I hope you still take care of yourselves. 누나 worries about that sometimes... ㅠㅠ

and I know you must be really excited about coming to Europe, too! honestly, it's not common for groups to come here when they are only 1 year old, so I am very grateful.
thank you for coming to Europe and fulfilling my dream of seeing some of the people I love and respect most in the world, in person.

I hope you'll always keep your fighting passion and keep making your dreams come true, both with 방탄 and music, and in life and love. 
you deserve happiness, 박지민, and I wish you nothing but the best ♥

항상 고마웡 ♥
항상 수고해써 ♥ 
영원히 사랑해 지미니 ♥
방탄소년단 정~말 사.랑.해.♥
앞으로도 화이팅!!

let's meet again soon~! 
행복한 하루  되세용~! ♥

from Denmark with all my love! ♥ 

~ 김재미 / @mhn7700


yellow card

Namjoon's letter:

so for Namjoon I opted to keep his letter in English. I think I kept it at a level where I feel like he'd understand everything..hopefully.
and this way there'd be less work for Sophia, and I'd have one less letter to write in Hangeul.

it turned out to be one the longest ones?! I think I just poured my heart out at this chance, like I said to him, to have the person actually directly understand me without language barriers cos how often does that happen? that's right, never.

Namjoon 1

Namjoon 2

Hoseok's letter:


정호비 ♥ 방탄소년단의 희망 ♥

when 방탄 first came into my life I saw in you a person who is absolutely beautiful on the outside, and as I got to know you, I discovered you're a beautful person inside and out.

you truly put a smile on my face, and seeing you smile always puts me in a better mood.
as much as I love your smiling, joyful side, I also wanna thank you for making vlogs showing a more thoughtful 호석아. thank you for letting us into your heart like that.

the same goes for your lyrics. I have so much respect for your talents in both writing and rapping - and dancing, of course! you put so much heart and soul and hard work into what you do and it makes noona so proud and happy to see you able to live your dream like this. you deserve it.

I feel like 정호석 is a real genuine person who has so much love for not only 방탄 and ARMYs, but just people in general, and that makes people love you back.

thank you for coming to Europe and fulfilling my dream of seeing some of the people I love and respect most in the world, in person ㅠㅠ♥ 

and special thank you to you, 호비얌ㅠ I know it was random, but seeing you pick and read my message for the "Mnet Summer Package Meet & Greet" really means a lot to me ㅠㅠㅠㅠ it made me so happy ♥

[screenshot from the live stream of him reading my message]

I wish you all the best in life 정호석 ♥
keep your positive, hard-woking spirit, and I have no doubt you'll reach all your dreams with both 방탄 and in life and love.

수고해써 호비얌 사랑해 ♥
let's meet again soon! ^^
방탄소년단 정~말 사.랑.해. ♥
앞으로도 화이팅!!
행복한하루되세요~! ♥

from Denmark with all my love! ♥

~ 김재미 / @mhn7700


Hoseok

Yoongi's letter:


민윤기 ♥ 슙슙이 ♥

right from the beginning, what drew 누나 to 방탄 was the sound of 민윤기. your deep voice and the way you speak is so pleasing to the ear. you have a very distinct rythm to the way you speak, something very "윤기", and when you use satoori I just love it that much more. I don't think I will ever get tired of listening to you even if we don't speak the same language.
your rap skills continue to blow me away, no matter if it's fast or slow, and as much as I love the sound of 남준이 and 호비야, for me #1 is 민윤기 ♥

despite your stage presence, at first I thought 민윤기 is pretty quiet and shy? but now I know better! I know you say you don't really like to move, and the kids tease you and call you grandpa, but I think you're so lively, and fun, and talkative, and I think you do have lots of energy. 
you like to play around, and you like to talk, and I like that because you actually have things to say that I want to hear, even if it's just silly stuff ㅎㅎ

I really like that we share photography as a hobby. I think knowing a bit about the technical side of it makes me appreciate the pictures I've seen from you, more than I probably would have otherwise.
and you use such beautiful "models" ㅎㅎ
I really hope one day there will be a 민윤기 photobook. I will definitely buy it!! please make it ㅠㅠ ♥
and remember to include lots of pictures of yourself! you are one of the most photogenic people I have ever seen. I never see bad pictures of you, no matter if you're smiling or being serious or sexy. 항상 아름다운 ♥

maybe because I don't have much myself, but one of the things I find most attractive about 민슈가 is confidence.
I know you say that your motto is "I don't give a shit", but you can be confident and still give a shit. to me, your lyrics for "So 4 More" tells me that you absolutely do give a shit, but to me that just makes you human, and it makes me love you that much more. I still always cry when I listen to that song.
you said you weren't very good at saying embarrassing things, but that you hoped ARMYs still know what's in your heart, and thanks to your honest lyrics, we do.

I'm so glad I got this opportunity to write you a letter cos I'm so happy to have a chance to say thank you.
I have so much respect for your skills both in front of and behind the mic. "Tomorrow" is one of my all-time fave songs. right now you're still in LA working hard on the next album, and I can't wait to hear it! I hope it will have more of your songs.

thank you for coming to Europe and fulfilling my dream of seeing some of the people I love and respect most in the world, in person.
thank you for being a 민윤기 who loves and appreciates his fans.
thank you for being a caring hyung to 방탄.
thank you for being a hard-working 민윤기 who makes great and thoughtful music to share with the world.

I hope you'll always have that fighting spirit so you can make all your dreams come true, both with 방탄 and music, and in life and love. you deserve it.

수고해써 윤기얌 ♥ 사랑해 ♥
let's meet again soon~! 
방탄소년단 정~말 사.랑.해.♥
앞으로도 화이팅!!
행복한 하루  되세용~! ♥

from Denmark with all my love! ♥ 

~ 김재미 / @mhn7700


Yoongi

I put the letters in little boxes cos I wanted to add some candy, too, and a bubble envelope just seemed wrong lol
I got some extras for Taehyung and yellow card cos I felt like it.



Yoongi, Namjoon, Taehyung
yellow card, Hoseok, Seokjin

I hope they liked it ❤️